Checkpoint Technologies, located in San Jose, CA is the world’s leader in non-destructive optical probing for semiconductor failure analysis combining advanced laser scanning (LSM) and photon emission (PEM) techniques with state of art optical resolution.
- Local / Bay Area / Silicon Valley, California candidates ONLY please
- This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19
- Work with Engineering Team to develop customer specific Applications on Laser Scanning/Photon Emission Microscope System for semiconductor failure analysis.
- Research latest technology trends in Failure Analysis techniques and communicate those to Sales, Marketing, and Engineering.
- Communicate the needs of Customer Failure Analysis Engineers to Sales, Marketing, and Engineering.
- Critical Interface with Customer FA/FI Engineers during engineering evaluations.
- Responsible for demonstrating Checkpoint’s products for customer engineering evaluations.
- Train customers on all software and application features during demo/evals and at customer site.
- Assist with training during installation of new LSM/PEM Systems at customer site.
- Provide on-site problem solving for issues with customers installed instruments.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, desire and ability to work in a team environment.
- Write and submit technical papers for industry journals and trade shows.
Education an Experience:
- Require Minimum of MS in Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- Prefer PhD with experience in advanced optical probing, semiconductor FA.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in semiconductor optical failure analysis.
- Experience with optical imaging of semiconductors.
- Proficient with MSOffice, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with writing/submitting technical papers.
- May be required to travel to customer sites at times < 25% travel required.
Systems Integration Engineer
This is an opportunity for professional growth as well as for meeting interesting technical challenges. Your duties will be diverse – from high level system integration to system upgrades, enhancements, testing and troubleshooting – to assistance with installation and customer support. On-site training for service and up to 25% travel (occasional global travel) is required for rolling out new products in the field.
• Attention to procedures and orientation to details.
• Professional communication and interpersonal skills.
• A working knowledge of optical imaging systems and their alignment, understand automated motion controlled systems, and experience with an oscilloscope and various other electronic test instruments.
• Troubleshooting in a logical and systematic fashion.
• B.S. degree in a related Engineering discipline with 5+ years of experience with complex automated systems.
Create high quality semiconductor Failure Analysis tools by solving control equipment problems with mastery of Software Engineering skills.
Develop and test software on Microsoft Windows Environment to control the operation of automated microscope and scanning systems. This includes the motion control for translation stages and various other position encoded hardware assemblies.
Your duties also involve design and implementation of software for acquiring images from frame grabber data and camera systems; software for camera control and manipulation of such images including the various image processing functions; developing a user-friendly GUI for microscope based systems.
Required skills: Work experience in using Visual Studio, mainly implementing the code in C# & C++ language to develop/debug Windows desktop application. Knowledge and experience of WPF and MVVM is desirable. Knowledge of real-time and multi-threading applications in PC controlled automated instruments.
Basic understanding of Semiconductor devices, background in physics, and software development experience in Microscope and Semiconductor probing tools will be a big plus. Knowledge of developing software in at least one or more of the following areas:
1. Machine/Motion control,
2. Interfacing 3rd party frame grabbers and Digitizer
3. Image processing and visualization.
Customer Service Engineer
Responsible for performing on-site installation, servicing and repair of complex equipment and systems. Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects. This position requires occasional travel (up to 25%), local, domestic, or international.
Works on problems of a diverse scope where analysis of data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Requires BS degree or equivalent experience (2 to 5 years), good communication skills, and the ability to deal effectively with customers.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The employee is regularly required to talk & listen, frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, and fine finger manipulation, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level is usually moderate cubicle environment or moderate to noisy manufacturing environment.
Electro/Mechanical Production Technician
• Responsible for Incoming inspection with Data Collection and serialization.
• Responsible for assembling and testing precision Electro-Mechanical assemblies of varying complexity including PWA’s to component level.
• Responsible for Test Data collection on serialized Electro-Mechanical assemblies including X-Y-Z stages, LN2 controllers, Motor driver controllers, ETC. (Waveforms ETC).
• Programming of PLD’s, MCU’s and MPU’s using various programs.
• Perform electrical tuning and troubleshooting on complex electro-mechanical assemblies.
• Must be able to perform troubleshooting and testing on complex systems using oscilloscopes, function generators, laser power meters and other common measurement tools.
• Operational knowledge of visible and invisible Laser sources and associated safety knowledge is required.
• Must be very hands-on and work with minimal supervision.
• Minimum of 3 – 5 years of precision electro-mechanical testing experience.
• Proficient with MSOffice, Word and Excel and have a basic understanding of utilization of a PC for data collection and input, network folder structures, file maintenance, etc.
• Optic Mechanical assembly experience is a plus.
If your background and experience matches our requirements we would like to hear from you. Please email your resume to email@example.com. Visit our website at www.checkpointtechnologies.com to learn more about Checkpoint Technologies and our state of art optical probing instruments.