Checkpoint Technologies, located in San Jose, CA, is a vibrant, well-established manufacturing and engineering company serving the semiconductor industry. We have a strong technological base and hold a leading market position in the field of semiconductor failure analysis.
We currently have an opening for an experienced Mechanical Engineer with solid CAD skills to work on special projects.
- Mechanical engineering and design of support structures for optical assemblies and motorized components
- Support prototyping through production with documentation and ECO’s
- Provide general engineering support for our existing product line
- Apply rapid-prototype methods to fast-track projects
- Some electronics packaging design is helpful
- BSME and 5 years mechanical engineering in a prototype to production environment
- Experience with optical mounts and structures
- Experience with principles of EMI shielding and electronics packaging
- Demonstrated ability with Autodesk Inventor and CAD platforms
The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of precision mechanics design experience. Experience with precision stage design and motion control systems is desired. An in-depth experience with Autodesk Inventor is necessary, although experience with other 3D CAD software will be considered.
Senior Software Engineer
At this time we have an opening for a Senior-level Software Engineering professional with knowledge in automated hardware systems.
Develop software to control the operation of automated microscope and scanning systems. This includes the motion control for translation stages and various other position encoded hardware assemblies. Your duties also involve software for acquiring images from frame-grabber data and camera systems; software for camera control and manipulation of such images including the various processing functions; developing a user-friendly GUI for microscope based systems.
Work experience to use Visual Studio C#/ C++ to develop/debug Windows desktop application. Fluent and hands on experience of WPF and MVVM. Knowledge of real-time and multi-threading applications in PC controlled automated instruments.
Image processing and visualization.
Hardware control, motion control, frame-grabber, digitizer.
Visit our website at www.checkpointtechnologies.com to learn more about Checkpoint and our products.