Checkpoint Technologies, located in San Jose, CA, is a vibrant, well-established manufacturing and engineering company serving the semiconductor industry. We have a strong technological base and hold a leading market position in the field of semiconductor failure analysis.
We have a unique opportunity for the right person to work on all phases of Electro-Mechanical sub-assemblies. We offer opportunities for professional growth and technical skill development through work assignments of increasing complexity. You will work as a member of a team and must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Methodical troubleshooting capability, ability to work with delicate instruments, be safety conscious, be a team worker, read, write and articulate English fluently. Be able to work from very limited documentation and verbal instructions as well as assembly drawings and written manufacturing procedures when they are available. Able to work on precision mechanical assemblies is a plus. Exhibit proficient soldering skills and ability to read schematics and wiring diagrams. PCB work a plus. Must be able to use a multimeter, precision mechanical measurement equipment/instruments and tools, and common hand tools. Manufacturing Work Order process flow, must comprehend BOM structures and possess the ability to properly document BOM discrepancies.
Minimum requirements – High School degree / Technical degree. Growth potential – candidate will be fully trained.
OPTICAL MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
At this time we have an opening for an experienced “Optical Manufacturing Engineer” in the Operations Department.
- An understanding of image forming optics and physical optics is essential to be successful in this position.
- Responsible for building and aligning precision opto-mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies of varying complexity.
- Perform optical alignment and testing of opto-mechanical assemblies consisting of mirror, lenses, beam splitters and various other optical components.
- Operational knowledge of visible and invisible Laser sources and associated safety knowledge is required.
- Perform electrical tuning and trouble-shooting on complex electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Must be able to perform testing on complex systems using oscilloscopes, function generators, laser power meters and other common measurement tools.
- Perform incoming inspections.
- Must be very hands-on and work with minimal supervision.
- An awesome team oriented attitude is essential!
- B.S. in a related Engineering field is preferred (or equivalent experience).
- 2 – 3 years of precision opto-mechanical and electro-mechanical assembly experience preferred, but new grads are welcome too!
- Proficient with MSOffice, Word and Excel and have a basic understanding of utilization of a PC for data collection and input, network folder structures, file maintenance, etc.
If your background and experience matches our requirements, we would like to hear from you! Please send your resume to: email@example.com.
Visit our website at www.checkpointtechnologies.com to learn more about Checkpoint and our products.