Checkpoint Technologies, located in San Jose, CA, is a vibrant, well-established manufacturing and engineering company serving the semiconductor industry. We have a strong technological base and hold a leading market position in the field of semiconductor failure analysis.
CURRENT OPENINGS (4)
MATERIALS PLANNER / BUYER
Responsible for procuring electronic components, fabricated mechanical parts and electro-mechanical components, raw materials and other production supplies at the optimum balance of price, quality and service to satisfy our business requirements. Establishes and develops supplier relationships. Manage suppliers to ensure on-time delivery of quality parts at the best competitive pricing. Manage responsible inventories to prevent shortages, proactively look for ways to improve material flow, total cost and process. Manage DMR/rejected materials in a timely manner and coordinate RMA’s. Manage Work Orders for assigned assemblies or products.
Essential job functions:
- Utilize computer MRP system and other tools to analyze material requirements for assigned commodities to support production schedules. Maintaining MRP data integrity.
- Manage an assigned supply base maintaining supplier lead times, negotiate pricing for continual cost reductions and address all order reschedules.
- Strong knowledge of custom fabricated parts, electronic components and associated supply base.
- In-depth knowledge of MRP systems, BOM’s and planning skills.
- Excellent business acumen and ability to make sound judgments in a fast paced environment with limited supervision.
- Support NPI group with introduction of new products or materials into manufacturing.
- Positive, team-oriented, flexible, and a sense of humor!
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in a purchasing, planning and production control environment. CPM certification is preferred. Proficient with MS Office, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Mechanical engineering and design of support structures for optical assemblies and motorized components.
- Support prototyping through production with documentation and ECO’s
- Provide general engineering support for our existing product line
- Apply rapid-prototype methods to fast-track projects
- Some electronics packaging design is helpful.
- BSME and 5 years mechanical engineering in a prototype to production environment
- Experience with optical mounts and structures
- Experience with principles of EMI shielding and electronics packaging
- Demonstrated ability with Autodesk Inventor and CAD platforms
The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of precision mechanics design experience. Experience with precision stage design and motion control systems is desired. BS in engineering is required, and in-depth experience with Autodesk Inventor is necessary, although experience with other 3D CAD software will be considered.
OPTICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
- Responsible for building and aligning precision opto-mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies of varying complexity.
- Perform optical alignment and testing of opto-mechanical assemblies consisting of mirror, lenses, beam splitters and various other optical components.
- Operational knowledge of visible and invisible Laser sources and associated safety knowledge is required.
- Perform electrical tuning and trouble-shooting on complex electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Must be able to perform troubleshooting and testing on complex systems using oscilloscopes, function generators, laser power meters and other common measurement tools.
- Must be very hands-on and work with minimal supervision.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in a technical field.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of precision opto-mechanical and electro-mechanical assembly experience.
- Proficient with MSOffice, Word and Excel and have a basic understanding of utilization of a PC for data collection and input, network folder structures, file maintenance, etc.
If your background and experience matches our requirements we would like to hear from you. Please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 408-321-0155 with your cover letter. Visit our website at www.checkpointtechnologies.com to learn more about Checkpoint.